You know, life isn't funny anymore. I admit to skipping band today and saying I had fever, but the truth is, I'm so messed up I didn't feel like taking that last step. You'd probably think I'm thinking too much, but does anyone realise that everyone's blind to the truth? I don't mean this in a religious way, even rationally, I think this makes perfect sense.
There are two possibilities. a god exits; there are no gods.
Let's start with the assumption that there are no gods. There are no gods = no one planned anything = everything happened by chance (evolution?) In other words, I just happen to be alive, thanks to probabability. If everything happens by chance, I am no more than another member of this (screwy) world. And going by the nature of nature, (death is the end point, things come and go), then I can just commit suicide now cos there are no reasons for me to stay. When I think life sucks, I can just jump and it won't even matter anymore. Life is meaningless and I am nothing because I am on earth due to probability and chance. This would leave my fate to the same two factors. If I die, there'd probably be some implications, minimal though. Think about who really cares about you besides those close friends you have? And honestly, would you live to experience more in life? What for? When life sucks so much? I'd rather die than live through this earthly trauma. Why tolerate? When dying is so much easier. A quicker way to eradicate your problems. And your friends, yeah they care, but give them a few years, and all they'd have would be memories of you, perhaps some nostalgia, but in the end, they'd get over you, somehow, someday. And really, if I'm living because I have no choice and I cannot die, then I may as well make the best out of all of this and benefit myself. Then what's the point of morality? Ok besides the fact that morals enable us not to infringe on others' rights.. But if we listen to our conscience, we may lose out. If we choose to be hypocritical, we may benefit ourselves in the end, because the sole purpose is to benefit ourselves. I mean, why be fair when you can otherwise benefit yourself. Though it is true that by observation, ammoral places usually end themselves in alot of shit. But there's always a possibility that I can 'get away with things.' And if I'm on earth by chance, I live on human love , which fails, unmistakably. If i live for someone else's love, then life would again be meaningless when I feel no one loves me (there are times in life we'd feel like this i bet, be it true or false feelings). And then say hello to the fact that I'm just a citizen of earth and nothing more, and no one cares, so bye. I'll be twenty stories from my apartment. Dead. Just like another dry leaf that falls ever so wistfully to the ground. And you know what, no one'll blink.
I guess I can live by morals, for morals. Because by logic, if you are ammoral, you'd land yourself in deep shit in time to come. If you're lucky, you won't. Because there's always a possibility that you can get away with things, if no one notices. But then I still don't see a reason to live if this is gonna be the way it is. Why take shit from the world? why bother living.
this is where i've come to. If I get anymore insight, it'll be here first thing. Anyway, feel free to call me if you want to add anything to what I just thought about. I'm open. After all, more opinions will benefit me. I'm searching for the meaning of life, and the truth of life. Arguments and all other rational theories would be reduced to nothing if I can find the truth.