There seems to be more and more to worry about. At most five more years of schooling, and it'll be time to enter the workforce. If school is this crazy, working life must be hideously insane. Sometimes I seriously wonder if I'll ever cope. As it is, I'm already doubting my state of mind. And then there's always personal life that will kill everyone. Finding the perfect spouse, the appropriate time for marriage, the decision to have kids, how to discipline children etc. There never seems to be a break from stress.
Heavy stress. And let's not even talk about the twilight years.. If I can't even get past the thought of a mid life crisis. Will I have enough when I'm old? Will there be anyone to take care of me?
Honestly all I need is someone to love. That is half the battle won. But then again, we don't really have full control over the circumstances of life. Who decides if we marry? God. Who decides if we have to live with ourselves till we're age old? God. The future is worrying when there is nobody out there for you. I don't think I'm independent enough to cope with life by myself. In fact, I'm very sure I'm incapable of battling lonliness. Alone.
That being said, we won't be alone if God's with us. But God is so hard to feel. It's somehow different from an earthly companion. And I'm also struggling with my decision to trust in existence of a God. Though there are many telling signs. For example, the hand of the unseen. Do you realise that the driving force of life is unseen? Firstly, certain elements of nature that are totally invisible play such a big part in our lives. Air, the chemicals in our blood, germs, bacteria... And then there's the mental aspect. Where ideas, feelings, thoughts, love come in. Someone once said that "Logic makes a man think, but feelings make a man take action." And both logic and feeling are concepts, perhaps? Mindsets and theories, to be more exact. All of which are part of the unseen. Hence, this makes me think to myself that God may well truly exist. He is unseen, but probably is out there running the entire world...
Why are there so many
Songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side
Rainbow's are visions
They're only illusions
And rainbows have nothing to hide
So we've been told and some chose to
Believe it
But I know they're wrong wait and see
Someday we'll find it
The Rainbow Connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me