I thought the horror of writing essays would stop once applications for US universities ended, but no, it just gets worse. Here I am at 12:32AM, churning out another two essays (personal statements and shit like that) for the SIA Scholarship application. Sigh. And it's not like the chances of even landing an interview is high. My mom works for NHB and she told me that out of stacks applications, the board only shortlisted THREE for interviews, and only two actually got the scholarship. But well, no harm trying I guess, it's just that I really loathe having to put in so much effort into crapping about how much I love diversity, culture, vibrancy etc all over again. And actually, this scholarship appli thing is more challenging that uni apps in that you actually have to know quite a shitload about the company you're applying to. You gotta know how you can contribute to their company and stuff like that. Preferably in DETAIL. And for a noob like me who knows shit bout nothing except for unimportant things like shopping and music, googling these companies is really quite torturous. So much for my laziness! I should really be glad and seize this opportunity.
Well anyway. I contemplated urban planning cos NParks has this uber cool scholarship that offers courses like landscape archi, urban planning, shit like that. Sounds fun! But I don't think it's my cuppa tea. There were like a million scholarships I had in mind, but after just half-completing one SIA appli, I think I'm down to just two. Haha.
And ps, I feel very disabled without a good grasp of mandarin. Went to jobstreet.com to look for jobs and more that two thirds of the PR-related ones had "ability to speak fluent mandarin" as a prerequisite. Makes me want to slap myself for zoning out throughout my four years of chinese lessons in RV, assemblies included. ):
And pps. I am really grateful for my A level results. Thank you God for sustaining me and thank you to my dear band friends esp Chris and Joey (studying kah-kias.) I would've NEVER made it without you guys. And to Celine and Rebekah and Adam for being great classmates! And tuition teachers and RV friends. Lengshan, Maria... Wouldn't have stayed sane without our conversations over the phone. (: